Thursday, July 12, 2007

My brand new $850 drier does not dry my clothes.

Here's a transcript of my last call to the manufacturer:
Me: It's still not drying my clothes.
Him: Well, it won't get your clothes perfectly dry.
Me: Why?
Him: It's designed to leave your clothes damp. It's better for the material.
Me: But it's called a DRIER, not a damper.
Him: It will never make them very dry. It's bad for the clothing.
Me: But I'm setting it on "VERY DRY" mode. If that mode leaves them damp, shouldn't it be called "LESS DAMP MODE"?
Him: It will never make them very dry. It's bad for the clothing.
Me: What if I were a smoker and bought a pack of cigarettes? Yes, they would be very bad for me, but I'd also be very angry if I opened the package and found asparagus.
Him: It will not ever make them very dry. It's bad for the clothing.

I could see we were getting nowhere. So I hung up and continued to fold my damp clothes. I won't tell you the name of this drier. I'm afraid my blog readership base, which is surely in the millions by now, could alter their stock unfairly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should go on a killing spree over this. I know I would