Tuesday, January 6, 2009

You're not going to believe what happened to me on the plane.

For those of you who read regularly, you know how I feel about airplane bathrooms
Well, on this airplane, the light was not connected to the lock. (I did not realize this until it was too late.) As I started my business I was actually thinking about how I could feel confidence in the lock because the light was on when low and behold the door opens! Suffice it to say, my dignity was not shielded by darkness. And I worried about that plane's engines for the rest of the flight.

4 comments:

lacochran said...

We flew Delta on Christmas Eve. After a delay in departure, we're on the plane and there's still a delay. Finally, the captain announces that they can't get the second engine to start and we're going back to the gate. We go back to the gate but are asked to remain seated. They get the engine working and we take off. Talk about having a lack of confidence! Man, was I glad to touch down safely again!

Sorry about your spectacle-ism.

Unknown said...

I feel like not having the light connected to the door invites a lot of inaccuracy in the bathrooming process.

Amy Flanagan said...

oh, Lacochran: I HATE THAT!
Max: Thank you! I concur!

Ashley said...

I thought of you while I was in the airplane bathroom this weekend. Weird.