Monday, July 28, 2008

Important information you may need someday.

If you ever pull your refrigerator out to clean underneath it and you happen to puncture the copper wire that delivers water to the ice maker and water starts shooting all over your kitchen like an open fire hydrant on a hot day in Brooklyn, duct tape will not stop the flow of water so do not waste ten minutes trying to make it work. Especially if you have wood floors. There is probably a shut off valve somewhere in your basement that will stop the flow of water with a simple turn of a knob. It is good to know this important tip BEFORE you need it. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that information.

I hope you are just passing it along and didn't live through that situation. If it is the latter, I suggest 4 or 5 margaritas to help ease the pain of home ownership.

Anonymous said...

Been there. $10,000 later in damage to the kitchen and hardwood floors. I found the valve under the sink! I hope you did not live through this also.

leezee52 said...

Thanks! Love your blog!

Bar L. said...

Yikes. I assume you learned this the hard way?

Amy Flanagan said...

Yes, it was my experience and I survived. Though I don't recommend it...