Friday, June 15, 2007

The five things I hear when I tell people I grew up in Oklahoma.

1. (singing) Oooooooklahoma where the hmm hmm hmm hmm hmmhm hmmmmm.
2. Oklahoma! Oklahoma! Oklahoma! Oklahoma!
3. Really?
4. Do you know any rope tricks? (Only heard once, but it's worth mentioning.)
5. Are you a foreign exchange student? (Again, only heard once, but it's worth mentioning.)

For those of you who check this blog often I will be on vacation back in Oklahoma for the next week and, therefore, not updating the blog. Please check back on June 25th. And, by the way, the end of that sentence in #1 is: where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always get asked if there were Indians living on my land. (Um, my house was in the suburbs and, no, no teepees in sight.)